The Fiber School’s Optical Networking Training is the answer to understanding Optical Networks technology. Exploring both public and private networks, our mission is to clarify highly-complex technical standards pertaining to the design and implementation of optical networks, with an emphasis on achieving optimum performance.
This 4-day training explores practical tips on how to design and implement networks for optimum performance. Hours of real-life case studies are used to demonstrate key concepts.
Optical Network Training: Overview of Optical Networking
• What are the different type of fiber optics?
• What are the differences between SONET/SDH and WDM/DWDM?
• What is an all-optical network?
• Will optical networks mean the end of the existing telecom structure?
• What is next?
• What does the future hold for photonic switching?
• Will we ever have the photonic equivalent of the Pentium chip?
Optical Network Training: Advanced Topics
• Light Sources
• Introduction to Fiber Optic Systems
• Propagation of Signals in Optical Fiber
• Optical Network Breakthroughs
• Modulation and Demodulation
• Transmission System Engineering
Optical Network Training: Photonic Networks
• First-Generation Optical Networks
• Second-Generation Optical Networks
• Wavelength Routing Networks
• Optical Core Networks Technology Trends
• Optoelectronic Devices
• Optical Components
• Optical Amplification
• Optical Transmitters
• Tunable Lasers
• Multiplexers and Filters
• Optical Switches, Routers, Cross-Connects and Processors
• Wavelength Division Multiplexing/Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing
• Optical Networks and the Optical Layer
Optical Network Training: All-Optical Network Architecture and Design
• Control and Management
• Configuration, Fault and Performance Management
• Protection Concepts, Deployment Considerations
• IP, ATM, DWDM and the Future of SONET/SDH
Optical Network Training: Technical Details of Optical Communications
• The Nature of Light
• Light as an Electromagnetic Wave (Photons, Polarization, Interference)
• Physics of the Optics
• Fiber Optics Network Design
• Fiber Losses, Dispersion, Nonlineraties, and Fiber Types
• Technical Details of Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)
• Technical Details of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH)
• Technical Details of Gigabit Ethernet (GigE)
• Technical Details of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
• Technical Details of MPLS and GMPLS
• Networking with CWDM and DWDM
• Cavities and Filters
• Basic Components
• Complex Components
• ADMs and Cross Connects
• Switches (MEMS, Holograms, Bubbles and more)
• EDFA and Raman Amplifiers
• Dispersion Compensation Units (DCUs)
Optical Network Training: DWDM Impairments
• Availability, Occupancy, Efficiency
• Bandwidth & Distance Limitations
• Chromatic Dispersion (CD)
• Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD)
• Noise, Dispersion, Non-linearities
• Four-Wave Mixing (FWM)
• Self-phase Modulation (SPM)
• Cross-phase Modulation (XPM)
• Stimulated Brillouin Scattering (SBS)
• Stimulated Raman Scattering (SRS)
• Amplified Spontaneous Emission (ASE)
• Modeling of Nonlinearities
• Modeling of Noise
Optical Network Training: DWDM Span Engineering
•Engineering a DWDM link
• Fiber Types
• Power Budget Design
• Q-Factor and OSNR
• Margin Requirements
• Design Using Chromatic Dispersion Compensation
• Effects of FWM, XPM, and SPM on Long-Haul Design
• Nonlinear Effects (SPM, XPM, FWM, Raman)
• Polarization Dependent Effects (PDL and PMD)
• Noise Sources and Noise Accumulation
• Bit Error Rate and Signal-to-Noise-Ratio
• Signal Crosstalk
• Amplifier Spacing
• Channel Bit Rate
• Dispersion and polarization
• Non-linear Effects and Dispersion
• Components and Subsystem Consideration on Design
• Test and Measurements
• Optical Loss Testing & Troubleshooting
• OTDR Theory & Operation
• CDWM and DWDM Simulation Projects
• Design Projects and Case Studies
Optical Networking Training is ideal for busy professionals who want to stay current in the optical networking field but have limited time to be away from the office.
This course does not require labs.
Certificate: Optical Networking – TFS – (TC-ONT)
Identifies you as a Technician, Engineer or a professional who understands the basics of Optical Network design, implementation and troubleshooting.
|Optical Networking Training – This course provides you with a comprehensive technical foundation in optical networking and its services and applications development.||TR-ONT||$4,995.00|
|Exam: ONT – 50 Question Multiple Choice – This exam must be passed in order to be certified in Optical Networking.||TE-ONT||Included|
|Certificate: Optical Networking – TFS – Awarded to students who pass the exam and demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of Optical Networking.||TC-ONT||$150.00|
|Jan 21 – 24, 2019 Quakertown, PA $5,145.00|
|Mar 25 – 28, 2019 Quakertown, PA $5,145.00|
|Jun 17 – 20, 2019 Quakertown, PA $5,145.00|
|Sep 9 – 12, 2019 Quakertown, PA $5,145.00|
Please fill out the form below to begin the registration process. After you submit the form, a sales associate will reach out to you to complete your registration.
Planning & Reservations
Contact the Training and Development Coordinator for The Fiber School at Training@fiberoptic.com or call 877.529.9114.
Student Registration Use the Registration Form above or download the editable PDF and email to email@example.com.
>> Registration Form PDF: http://thefiberschool.com/wp-content/uploads/registration-form.pdf
Cancellation Policy: FiberOptic.com may cancel a course that lacks sufficient enrollment a week before it is scheduled to begin. When a course is canceled, we make every effort to notify all registered students promptly. A full refund is processed unless the student elects to transfer to another course or time. You can help avoid cancellation by registering early.
Student Cancellation: No refunds are permitted for student cancellation. Substitutions are permitted.
With just 5 or more students The Fiber School can send the classroom to you! We offer custom, on-site training for any of our courses. Just give us a call at 877.529.9114 or email us at Training@fiberoptic.com and let us schedule an on-site course that perfectly suits your needs.