This three-day course is designed to provide students with MPLS-based Layer 3 virtual private network (VPN) knowledge and configuration examples. The course includes an overview of MPLS Layer 3 VPN concepts, scaling Layer 3 VPNs, Internet access, Interprovider L3VPNs, and Multicast for Layer 3 VPNs. This course also covers Junos operating system-specific implementations of Layer 3 VPNs. This course is based on the Junos OS Release 15.1R2.9.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and in device operations.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the value of MPLS VPNs.
- Describe the differences between provider-provisioned VPNs and customer-provisioned VPNs.
- Describe the differences between Layer 2 VPNs and Layer 3 VPNs.
- List the provider-provisioned MPLS VPN features supported by the JUNOS software.
- Describe the roles of a CE device, PE router, and P router in a BGP Layer 3 VPN.
- Describe the format of the BGP routing information, including VPN-IPv4 addresses and route distinguishers.
- Describe the propagation of VPN routing information within an AS.
- List the BGP design constraints to enable Layer 3 VPNs within a provider network.
- Explain the operation of the Layer 3 VPN data plane within a provider network.
- Create a routing instance, assign interfaces to a routing instance, create routes in a routing instance, and import/export routes from a routing instance using route distinguishers/route targets.
- Introduction to Junos Layer 3 VPNs
- MPLS VPNs, Provider-Provisioned VPNs
- Layer 3 VPNs: Layer 3 VPN Terminology, VPN-IPv4 Address Structure, Operational Characteristics
- Basic Layer 3 VPN Configuration: Preliminary Steps, PE Router Configuration
- Layer 3 VPN Scaling and Internet Access: Scaling Layer 3 VPNs, Public Internet Access Options
- Layer 3 VPNs – Advanced Topics: Exchanging Routes between Routing Instances, Hub-and-Spoke Topologies, Layer 3 VPN CoS Options, Layer 3 VPN and GRE Tunneling Integration, Layer
3 VPN and IPSec Integration, Layer 3 VPN Egress Protection, BGP prefix-independent convergence (PIC) edge for MPLS VPNs, VRF Localization, Provider Edge Link Protection, Support for configuring more than 3 million L3VPN Labels
- Interprovider Backbones for Layer 3 VPNs: Hierarchical VPN Models, Carrier-of-Carriers Model, Option C Configuration
- Troubleshooting Layer 3 VPNs: Working with Multiple Layers, Troubleshooting Commands on a PE Device, Multiaccess Interfaces in Layer 3 VPNs, PE and CE-based Traceroutes, Layer 3 VPN Monitoring Commands
- Draft Rosen Multicast VPNs: Overview, Draft Rosen MVPN Overview, Draft Rosen MVPN Operation, Configuration, Monitoring
- Next Generation Multicast VPNs: Multicast VPN Overview, Next-Generation MVPN Operation, Configuration, Monitoring, Internet Multicast, Ingress Replication, Internet Multicast Signaling and Data Plane, Configuring MVPN Internet Multicast, Monitoring MVPN Internet Multicast
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS. [/tab_item]
There are no labs associated with this course.
Certification: Junos Layer 3 VPNs
|Junos Layer 3 VPNs (TR-JL3V)
|Exam: Junos Layer 3 VPNs (TE-JL3V)
|Certificate: TFS Certification from The Fiber School – Students who successfully complete the Junos Layer 3 VPNs course
Schedule & Registration
|This course is available as open-enrollment Classroom event, instructor-led Live Virtual Class, REAL-ILT™ or as part of a custom Onsite Training for up to 16 students.
Call 877-529-9114 for Scheduling
Planning & Reservations
Contact the Training and Development Coordinator for The Fiber School at Training@fiberoptic.com or call 877.529.9114.
Student Registration Use the Registration Form above or download the editable PDF and email to email@example.com.
>> Registration Form PDF: http://www.fiberoptic.com/catalog/Registration-Form-2018.pdf
Cancellation Policy: FiberOptic.com may cancel a course that lacks sufficient enrollment a week before it is scheduled to begin. When a course is canceled, we make every effort to notify all registered students promptly. A full refund is processed unless the student elects to transfer to another course or time. You can help avoid cancellation by registering early.
Student Cancellation: No refunds are permitted for student cancellation. Substitutions are permitted.
With just 5 or more students The Fiber School can send the classroom to you! We offer custom, on-site training for any of our courses. Just give us a call at 877.529.9114 or email us at Training@fiberoptic.com and let us schedule an on-site course that perfectly suits your needs.