Gigabit Ethernet training by The Fiber School provides students with a detailed understanding of the capabilities of Gigabit Ethernet. Intended for Sales Engineers, Testers, Installers, Managers and other professionals, this course is useful for those who need to plan, design, implement and test the new generation of Ethernet.
This is an area that is growing rapidly within the telecommunications industry. Over the next several years, enterprises are gearing up to adopt Gigabit Ethernet as a switch-to-switch interconnect technology. Potentially, Gigabit Ethernet can also be used for long-distance backbone connections in large campuses, or for building out MANs where dark fiber is available.
This course covers:
Introduction to Ethernet
• 10-Gigabit Ethernet
• Objective of 10G Ethernet
• IEEE 802.3 Higher Speed Study Group (HSSG)
• MAC Client server interface.
• IEEE 802 Functional Requirements
• 10Gb/s at MAC/PLS service interface
• Overview of 802.3ba (40/100 Gb/s)
Why Gigabit Ethernet?
• MAC Layer
• Physical Layer
• Gibagit Ethernet in LAN, MAN & WAN
• Advantages and Disadvantages
• Future market of 10G Ethernet
How does Gigabit Ethernet differ from previous versions of Ethernet?
• Differences between 10 Gigabit Ethernet and other speeds of Ethernet.
• Long-haul (40+ km) optical transceiver
• Physical medium dependent (PMD) interface for single mode fiber
• LAN physical layer (PHY) or wide area network (WAN PHY)
• Building metropolitan area networks (MANs)
• WAN PHY option
• 10 Gigabit Ethernet transported across existing SONET (synchronous optical network) OC-192c
• SDH (synchronous digitalhierarchy) VC-4-64c infrastructures
• Advantages and Disadvantages
Gigabit Ethernet Protocols
• Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) Interfaces
• Ethernet Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) Interfaces
• Serial Interfaces
• Other Ethernet Features
• 10 Gb/s Ethernet
• AN for Backplane Ethernet
• 40 Gb/s architecture
• 100 Gb/s architecture
• Layer 2: Data Link Layer Ethernet Frames MAC Addresses Virtual LAN (VLAN)
• Layer 1: Physical Layer Copper and Fiber Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS)
• Physical Medium Attachment (PMA)
• Physical Medium Dependent (PMD)
• Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) Interface Choices
• Media Independent Interface (MII)
• Reduced MII (RMII) Gigabit Media Independent Interface (GMII)
• Reduced Gigabit Media Independent Interface (RGMII)
• Serial Gigabit Media Independent Interface (SGMII)
• Quad Serial Gigabit Media Independent Interface (QSGMII)
• 10 Gigabit Media Independent Interface (XGMII)
• Media Independent Interface for 40 Gb/s (XLGMII)
• Media Independent Interface for 100 Gb/s (CGMII)
This course is suitable for Engineers, Technicians, Sales professionals or Marketing experts. Much more than an overview, this class provides a thorough understanding of the Gigabit Ethernet: its protocol, core functionality, various options and error recovery strategies.
This course does not require labs.
Certificate: Gigabit Ethernet – TFS – (TC-GBE)
Identifies you as a Technician, Engineer or other professional who understands the basics of Gigabit Ethernet, its protocol, core functionality, various options and error recovery strategies.
|Gigabit Ethernet Training – Gigabit Ethernet training by The Fiber School provides students with a detailed understanding of the capabilities of Gigabit Ethernet. Intended for Sales Engineers, Testers, Installers, Managers and other professionals, this course is useful for those who need to plan, design, implement and test the new generation of Ethernet.||TR-GBE||$1,495.00|
|Exam: GBE – 50 Question Multiple Choice – This exam must be passed in order to be certified in Gigabit Ethernet Fundamentals.||TE-GBE||Included|
|Certificate: Gigabit Ethernet – TFS – Awarded to students who pass the exam and demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of Gigabit Ethernet.||TC-GBE||$150.00|
|Feb 28 – 1, 2019 Breinigsville, PA $1,495.00|
|May 16 – 17, 2019 Breinigsville, PA $1,495.00|
|Aug 15 – 16, 2019 Breinigsville, PA $1,495.00|
|Nov 14 – 15, 2019 Breinigsville, PA $1,495.00|
Please fill out the form below to begin the registration process. After you submit the form, a sales associate will reach out to you to complete your registration.
Planning & Reservations
Contact the Training and Development Coordinator for The Fiber School at Training@fiberoptic.com or call 877.529.9114.
Student Registration Use the Registration Form above or download the editable PDF and email to email@example.com.
>> Registration Form PDF: http://www.fiberoptic.com/catalog/Registration-Form-2018.pdf
Cancellation Policy: FiberOptic.com may cancel a course that lacks sufficient enrollment a week before it is scheduled to begin. When a course is canceled, we make every effort to notify all registered students promptly. A full refund is processed unless the student elects to transfer to another course or time. You can help avoid cancellation by registering early.
Student Cancellation: No refunds are permitted for student cancellation. Substitutions are permitted.
With just 5 or more students The Fiber School can send the classroom to you! We offer custom, on-site training for any of our courses. Just give us a call at 877.529.9114 or email us at Training@fiberoptic.com and let us schedule an on-site course that perfectly suits your needs.